- Bob Aitken on the Cover of Australian Woodworker Magazine!If you are in town and running errands instead of getting out to the shed, drop into your newsagents and get the latest issue of Australian Woodworker magazine. The magazine features an article by CVWA member and Jacaranda festival stalwart Bob Aitken on his adventures in making clocks with poured resin decorations. Congratulations to Bob!
- Ode to Joy — Peter Follansbee, joiner’s notesI first learned about Beethoven through Peanuts and Huntley/Brinkley. I was awake in the night last night, and thought of this wonderful video – I first saw it 6 years ago, and posted it then at Christmastime. It has nothing to do with Christmas, but that doesn’t matter. We could all use a little joy […] … Continue reading “Ode to Joy — Peter Follansbee, joiner’s notes”
- Rolls Royce of Table Saws?It is with great pleasure we announce the arrival of a new Harvey table saw to augment the array of tools in the Ulmarra shed. Definitely ‘up scaling’ here….. a thing of beauty as well as performance. Reviews suggest that the Harvey HW110LGE table saw represents very good value for money. The necessary research … Continue reading “Rolls Royce of Table Saws?”
- Long Service AwardsDuring this year’s AGM, Long Service Awards were presented to two members for distinguished long service. Ron Moore joined the club (then the Northern Rivers Woodworkers Association) in 2005 after moving to Grafton from Bowral in the Southern Highlands. In 2012, he stood for President of the Club and was duly elected. He said at … Continue reading “Long Service Awards”
- A Proper Australian Dolls HouseBob Aitken passed this on to me:- CVWA member Dick White has been spending some time in the shed during COVID restrictions. He recently finished a doll’s house for one of his granddaughters – see photos. Now working on a truck for his grandson. Well done Dick – a ripper of a doll’s house by … Continue reading “A Proper Australian Dolls House”
- Website Upgrade and Video TourThe Clarence Valley Woodies website has been upgraded. We now have our very own domain – clarencevalleywoodies.com. This does a few things for us – including the ability to add more features, like videos! Update your links now. (By the way, the old address will also continue to work) Colin Lang, aided and abetted by … Continue reading “Website Upgrade and Video Tour”
- Home made cyclone dust collectorInspired by Alan Bishop’s post on the CVWA web site ‘Cyclone dust collection for your vacuum’ (May 14, 2020) I embarked on a similar journey. For some time, I have had a commercial 2hp dust extraction system (with pleated filter) plumbed to my lathe and linisher. Emptying the dust bag was a minor hassle and … Continue reading “Home made cyclone dust collector”
- Free Workbench Book…Lost Arts Press is a small independent USA based publishing house that specialises in publishing books about woodwork. Some of their titles are new, some are reprints of older books or magazine articles. They are mostly USA based, but many of the books are from other countries – UK, France even Latvia! The books are … Continue reading “Free Workbench Book…”
- Making a Saddled Chair Seat – Tools that worked well…For some time now, I have wanted to make a chair with a saddled seat. Over time, I bought a few tools that might come in handy. A week or three ago, a friend of a friend asked me to make a couple of bar stools with saddled seats. Of course I could do it … Continue reading “Making a Saddled Chair Seat – Tools that worked well…”
- Local Galleries Reopening…Coldstream Gallery in Ulmarra have announced that they have reopened to visitors – although with reduced hours. Meanwhile, check the video that Coldstream Gallery posted earlier this month… While we are here, check out Coldstream Gallery’s new website, with some of our members work in their on-line store – click here. Meanwhile, Ferry Park Gallery … Continue reading “Local Galleries Reopening…”
Follow the Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.